Here we have a screenshot of the options screen for Phantom Block, along with all the unlockable cheats. Up at the top you can change the controls, as well as the volume of the music and sound effects. You can also change from Windowed to Fullscreen mode. In the future, there will also be a button to change from my soundtrack to Ryuno’s arranged soundtrack and vice versa.
The cheats at the bottom are rewards for completing game achievements. Such achievements might be to beat a level in a certain amount of time, beat a level using only one type of block, collecting all the coins in the game, etc. Except for B/W Boomer and Show Times, both of which are cosmetic, activating cheats locks you out of Steam Leaderboards and doesn’t let you make progress in the game.
Here’s a list of what the cheats do:
- All Block Mode: Gives Boomer access to all block types at the start of a level.
- Limitless Mode: Blocks which have inherit limits on how many there are (Platform Block, Gravity Block, Weight Block) no longer have these limits.
- Shiftable Iron: Normally unchangeable iron blocks are now changeable.
- Moon Bounce: Reduces Boomer’s gravity, so he can jump higher and fall slower.
- Sticky Shoes: Cling to all walls as if they were Gum Block walls.
- Speed Shoes: Always move as if you were under the effect of a Speed Block.
- VVVVVV Mode: Inspired by indie title VVVVVV, jumping is replaced with a gravity switch function.
- Slow Motion: Halves the game’s speed.
- Invulnerable: Boomer won’t be defeated by enemy contact.
- Pitfall Wings: Boomer will spring up from falling into bottomless pits.
- Drag n’ Drop: The player can use the mouse to drag and drop Boomer wherever they want.
- Deadly Mouse: The mouse becomes deadly to enemies, whom are destroyed on contact.
- Mega Spring: Springs always bounce Boomer as high as he can go.
- Mega Speed: Speed Blocks (and Speed Shoes) are more effective.
- Mega Magnet: Magnet Blocks attract and repel at double power.
- Theme Wizard: Press T to change the theme of a level.
- Ka-Boomer: Press B in a level to make Boomer create an explosion behind him, defeating enemies. Also renders Boomer immune to explosions.
- Scroll Lock: Auto-scrolling levels no longer auto-scroll.
- Weak Stomp: Boomer won’t defeat enemies by stomping on them, but he can still bounce higher.
- Spike Shield: Boomer can bounce on spiked enemies as if they were not spiked.
- Fast Walker: Boomer walks faster than usual. Combine with Speed Shoes and Mega Speed for a super fast run!
- Slow Walker: Boomer walks slower than usual. Combine with Slow Motion and make the game a snail’s pace!
- B/W Boomer: Makes Boomer black and white. Unlocked after beating the game. Cosmetic, and does not affect gameplay or leaderboard eligibility.
- Show Times: Shows how long the player’s spent on the level in the top left corner. Unlocked from the start. Cosmetic, and does not affect leaderboard eligibility.